Saturday Art Classes are for all those hard working people that need to have time out. Lots of socializing and psychotherapy and excellent food!
Art encompasses values, ideas, and helps to correlate to each other what the imagination is capable of, without minimizing thought or the power of creation. Art is the fabric of being human. It is essential for society. … Art is important because it is what brings meaning and purpose to humanity.
Creating Art Relieves Stress
- Activities like painting, sculpting, drawing, and photography are relaxing and rewarding hobbies that can lower your stress levels and leave you feeling mentally clear and calm.
- Creating art provides a distraction, giving your brain a break from your usual thoughts.
- The average person has 60,000 thoughts per day and 95% of them are exactly the same day in, day out!
- When you get totally immersed in a creative endeavor, you may find yourself in what’s known as “the zone” or in a state of “flow.”
- This meditative-like state focuses your mind and temporarily pushes aside all your worries.
- Leonardo da Vinci said, “Painting embraces all the ten functions of the eye; that is to say, darkness, light, body and color, shape and location, distance and closeness, motion and rest.”
- Creating art trains you to concentrate on details and pay more attention to your environment. In this way, it acts like meditation.