These shops offer a special discount to LifeArt Students
- 5% discount for LifeART students
- 44 Oxford Street, Durbanville
- Phone:021 975 5373
What do you need for your first class
Once you have everything you are set to paint for the next year or two!
The initial 16 lessons you will only need:
- 1 x A4 Sketch Book at least 200 gram paper
- 1 x A4 Bound Notebook of good quality blank paper
- Variety of hard + medium + soft pencils. A good selection is:
- 1 x HB
- 1 x 2B
- 1 x 4B
- 1 x 8/9B
- Zelcryl Paynes Grey Acrylic
- Zelcryl Yellow Ochre Acrylic
- Zelcryl Burnt Sienna Acrylic
- White Acrylic
- Hogshair Flat no: 2+4+6 + 8 +10
- Hogshair Round no: 2+4+6 + 8 +10
- Artificial Hogshair Filbert no: 2+4+6+8 +10
- Nylon flat no: 0 + 2+ 6 + 10 + 16
- Nylon Round no: 0 + 2+ 6 + 10 + 16
- Nylon Angle no: 4 + 8 + 12 + 20
Paints One of Each (You will be told when to get this)
- Lemon Yellow
- Cadmium or Deep Yellow
- Cadmium or Bright Red
- Alizaren Crimson
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phtalo Blue
- Prussian Blue
- Cerulean Blue (***Optional)
- White (large tube)
- Burnt Sienna
- Yellow Ocher
- Burnt Umber
- Payne’s Grey
- Viridian Green (nice to glaze with)
- Dioxide Purple (nice to glaze with)
- 1 x A3 pallet book to mix paint on
- A4 smooth(ish) canvass pad (to paint examples on)
Disclaimer: On a Personal Note
- Please take into account that Leonie.e.Brown is the Sole Proprietor of LifeArt School and LifeArt Studio.
- Each business runs separately with its own admin and online presence.
- All online presence, which includes postings, design and maintenance of x 3 websites, admin, finances, online workshops, filming, editing emails, follow ups, live workshops, painting, galleries, money in and out, etc is done solely and exclusively by Leonie.
- The above also includes the maintenance and update of the following:
- Leonie is first and foremost and ARTIST, then a TEACHER and then an admin person. She receives no help with any of the above and has to organize and maintain everything herself.
- Please take into account that there is only so many hours in a day and not every person can be good at everything at the same time.