Please read through the following.
Operation and rules of LifeART School and Studio
Participants of LifeART studio and School need to read through the following:
1. Monthly Payments
- Monthly payments are due on the last week of the previous month for the next month.
- Delayed payments will be fined at 10%.
- In case of continual delayed payments in excess of 3 months and after 3 written warnings: The client will be asked to take his/her business elsewhere.
- NO weekly payments allowed.
- No pay as you come per lesson.
2. Yearly Increase
- All studios are rented on a yearly basis.
- The studio rents and business costs like transport etc. increase and fluctuate per year.
- Due to the above, a yearly (or twice yearly) increase of between 5-10% will be due every mid year, based on financial climate.
3. Cancellation or Postponement of lessons due to STUDENT sickness
- Where illness, injury or unforeseen circumstances makes attendance impossible, that person may be permitted to do their lessons at a later date.
- The dates will be based on the availability of space in the class, and negotiated between the student and the SP (Sole Proprietor).
- It will be up to the SP's discretion to give me an alternative time slot.
- NO REFUND of classes permitted.
- If you miss a class, you have a 4 month period (16 classes x 3 alternative days = 64 classes), to make up the missing classes.
- If the student cannot make up the class during that time, they will forfeit the lesson.
- LAS / SP will not refund or give a free class to the student.
4. Cancellation or Postponement of lessons due to SP sickness
- LifeArt School pays a monthly fee for studio rentals.
- Students are free to continue the class and help each other in absence of Leonie (the teacher), as the venue is paid for.
- Leonie is allowed x 2 sick days per class = 12 days per year.
- In case of more than x 2 sick days per class, Leonie will attempt * (if possible) to make up *1 class in agreement with the students.
- No refunds will be given (see point 1).
5. Cancellation or Postponement of lessons to WORKSHOPS
- Leonie.e.Brown (LB) gets invited to do national workshops all over the country.
- Workshops dates are booked 6 months in advance.
- If no substitute teacher is available, some of the classes might be cancelled.
- Students will only be charged for the lessons invoiced.
- Workshops generally fall over April to August.
6. Public Holidays and student holidays
- If your class fall over a Public Holiday is will be negotiated within the class whether students want to attend, or have the day off.
- Payment will still be due for the PH, because venue still have to get paid by LifeART school.
- If the students go on holiday for a month or more than a month, pay in advance for the next months lessons to keep your space or run the risk of losing your place.
- No spaces will be kept without prior arrangement and payment.
7. December holidays
- LifeART studio will close on the last Saturday of the 2nd week of December and open on the first Monday of the 3rd week in January.
- LifeART studio and the SP is not responsible for any injuries, goods stolen, or lost property on any of the rental properties used.