Please read through the following.
Operation and rules of LifeART School and Studio
Participants of LifeART studio and School need to read through the following:
All potential students need to agree to Terms and Conditions before being accepted as a student.
Click and choose: "I agree" on the Contact Form
1. Time frame of Art courses
- Learn to paint in 32 days: Please note that 32 days is the absolute minimum time you will need for the basics.
- Leonie is constantly expanding and updating the Art course, making it better and more interesting for the students.
- Some students take longer to learn new techniques and will thus take more than 32 lessons.
- Timing might vary, per individual, from 32 days (8 months minimum) to 48 days (1 year).
2. Monthly Payments
- Monthly payments are due on the last week of the previous month for the next month.
- Delayed payments will be fined at 10%.
- In case of continual delayed payments in excess of 3 months and after 3 written warnings: The client will be asked to take his/her business elsewhere.
- NO weekly payments allowed.
- No pay as you come per lesson.
3. Yearly Increase
- All studios are rented on a yearly basis.
- The studio rents and business costs like transport etc. increase and fluctuate per year.
- Due to the above, a yearly increase of between 5-10% will be due every mid year, based on financial climate.
4. Cancellation or Postponement of lessons due to STUDENT sickness
- Where illness, injury or unforeseen circumstances makes attendance impossible, that person may be permitted to do their lessons at a later date.
- The dates will be based on the availability of space in the class, and negotiated between the student and the SP (Sole Proprietor).
- It will be up to the SP's discretion to give me an alternative time slot.
- NO REFUND of classes permitted.
- If you miss a class, you have a 4 month period (16 classes x 3 alternative days = 64 classes), to make up the missing classes.
- If the student cannot make up the class during that time, they will forfeit the lesson.
- LAS / SP will not refund or give a free class to the student.
5. Cancellation or Postponement of lessons due to SP sickness
- LifeArt School pays a monthly fee for studio rentals.
- Students are free to continue the class and help each other in absence of Leonie (the teacher), as the venue is paid for.
- Leonie is allowed x 2 sick days per class = 12 days per year.
- In case of more than x 2 sick days per class, Leonie will attempt * (if possible) to make up *1 class in agreement with the students.
- No refunds will be given (see point 1).
6. Cancellation or Postponement of lessons to WORKSHOPS
- Leonie.e.Brown (LB) gets invited to do national workshops all over the country.
- Workshops dates are booked 6 months in advance.
- If no substitute teacher is available, some of the classes might be cancelled.
- Students will only be charged for the lessons invoiced.
- Workshops generally fall over April to August.
7. Public Holidays and student holidays
- If your class fall over a Public Holiday is will be negotiated within the class whether students want to attend, or have the day off.
- Payment will still be due for the PH, because venue still have to get paid by LifeART school.
- If the students go on holiday for a month or more than a month, pay in advance for the next months lessons to keep your space or run the risk of losing your place.
- No spaces will be kept without prior arrangement and payment.
8. December holidays
- LifeART studio will close on the last Saturday of the 2nd week of December and open on the first Monday of the 3rd week in January.
9. Injuries and lost property
- LifeART studio and the SP is not responsible for any injuries, goods stolen, or lost property on any of the rental properties used.
10. On a Personal Note
- Please take into account that Leonie.e.Brown is the Sole Proprietor of LifeArt School and LifeArt Studio.
- Each business runs separately with its own admin and online presence.
- All online presence, which includes postings, design and maintenance of x 3 websites, admin, finances, online workshops, filming, editing emails, follow ups, live workshops, painting, galleries, money in and out, etc is done solely and exclusively by Leonie.
- The above also includes the maintenance and update of the following:
- Leonie is first and foremost and ARTIST, then a TEACHER and then an admin person. She receives no help with any of the above and has to organize and maintain everything herself.
- Please take into account that there is only so many hours in a day and not every person can be good at everything at the same time.