Simply the Best 2019
- Tersia Bester
- Acrylic, Ink on Canvas
- Acrylic and Ink on canvass
These are some facts you should know about Tina Turner
- She was born in November 26, 1939.
- Her real name is Anna Mae Bullock.
- Tina Turner was born in Nutbush, Tennessee.
- She is of African-American descent, with approximately 33% European and 1% Native American ancestry.
- When she was eleven years old, her mother left her to avoid the abusive relationship she had with the singers father.
- She used to be on the female basketball team at Carver High School in Brownsville.
- When she was 17 years old she took the microphone from Ike Turners hands and «blew» the crowds mind at a club when she started singing. Ike Turner was amazed with her rough voice.
- “A Fool in Love” was released in July 1960 and it was the first song she recorded with Ike.
- She and Ike became a couple and got married in 1962 in Tijuana.
- Tina Turner went through a lot with Ike Turner, and decided in 1976 to file for divorce.
- For almost two years after her divorce, she received food stamps, lived with friends, and played small clubs to pay off debts.
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @UselessDaily on Twitter