You can only draw a stick figure… Your colors turn to mud… You start at the top and end up on the side… You don’t know HOW!
You are exactly the kind of person that will do well on this course. Come on a journey of self discovery while you have fun at the same time.
Let this be the year that you actually start painting! Make this YOUR breakthrough
year. Experience the awesome feeling of creating and painting something
from beginning to end.
Learn everything about you ever wanted to know, from drawing to design, color mixing to planning and using different painting styles and techniques.
Leonie is by far the best art teacher I know. She will bring out the artist in just about anybody. Her passion for art is so inspiring, and it is exciting to see the results achieved by her students. Her own art is never boring and constantly evolving with new exciting technique
Who can do this?
Course Curriculum Example
- Commonly asked Questions for Beginner Artists.
- The Tools of the Trade.
- Choosing the right Tools.
Chapter Three - Hatching and Blending
- What is Hatching and Blending?
- Formal and Organic Hatching.
- Fast and Slow Blending.
- Hatching with Nylon and Hogshair Brush
Chapter One - Hand Positions and Formal Line
- Your Tools and Hand Position will Determine your Style of Painting.
- Brush Over Hand Position.
- Brush Under Hand Position.
- Drawing and Painting Techniques using Pencil and Paint.
- Formal Line.
- Formal Line Exersize with HB and 9B Pencil.
- Formal Line Exersize with Nylon Brush.
- Exersize using Formal line with Nylon and Hogshair Brush.
- How to Clean brushes.
- Life Lessons: How do you know if you need stronger emotional boundaries?
Chapter Four - Cross Hatching and Cross Blending + BONUS (PRO TIP)
- PRO TIP! How NOT to make MUD!
- What are Cross-hatching and Cross-blending?
- Cross-blending techniques.
Chapter Two - Organic Line
- What is Organic Line?
- Organic Line Exersize with HB and 9B Pencil.
- Exersize using Organic Line with Nylon and Hogshair Brush.
Chapter Five - What is Scribbling and Scumbling?
- What is Scribling?
- What is Scumbling?
- ….and much much more…
Aim and Principles
Benefiting the individual through art and art education.
- To contribute to the creation of great works of art
- To provide the highest standard of education to students wishing to become professional artists
- To give creative opportunities to the wider community.
- The development of creative skills, both traditional and contemporary.
- Freedom of expression.
- No specific style is imposed on the students, once he/she knows all the basics– the style is then free to follow the artist’s intention.
- Each student should be trained to develop a robust creative process which allows them to be true to their creative vision.
- Understanding the art market and the world of the professional artist.
- Yearly exhibition opportunities.
- Facebook marketing opportunities.
- Online Student Gallery.
Leonie.e.Brown, is a professional artist that loves to share her knowledge with her students. Being an artist also helps her to understand their frustrations and problems. She also has an Honours degree in Fine Art as well as a Teaching Diploma. She worked for 20 years in the advertising and marketing industry, before deciding to pursue her career as an artist on a full-time basis.
The mission of LifeArt Studio and School is to inspire and engage adults of all ages, abilities, and economic means in the arts. LifeArt strive to contribute to the creation of great works of art. To provide the highest standard of education to students wishing to become professional artists.
Based in central Durbanville, Cape Town, it offers a wide range of art courses to a very diverse group of participants.
The School also helps the local community by sponsoring two free students per class when possible.
“Everything you can imagine is real”