Create and Learn Abstract Art Techniques
Learn what makes good Abstract Art, from planning to a loose and carefree approach to creating abstract contemporary paintings.
If you have been wanting to better your understanding of abstract painting for a long time, but always feel your work is missing something important, this is the course for you!
While abstract painting looks easy to some, it can actually be more challenging than traditional or classical painting. This is because abstract art defies rules and conventions. It’s up to you as the artist to break rules, be expressive, and decide what is art.
- We will explore a variety of mark–making techniques., painting
teachniquesand the theory of good abstract design.
- Design elements needed to create good abstract art.
- During this class, you will create many small paintings.
- Drawing and painting intuitively using your emotions.
- Planning an abstract painting using design elements.
- Working small with large brushes and large with small brushes.
- Breaking the rules.
Who should do this course?
- Anyone who wants to explore non-representational painting.
- Anyone who wants to strengthen and develop their own voice as a painter.
- Anyone interested in taking risks with their painting.
- Anyone who wants to have more confidence in their own way of painting.
- Prospective students need no prior experience.
- A basic supply list will be provided on booking.