- We will explore a variety of mark–making techniques., painting teachniques and the theory of good abstract design.
- Design elements needed to create good abstract art.
- During this class, you will create many small paintings.
- Drawing and painting intuitively using your emotions.
- Planning an abstract painting using design elements.
- Working small with large brushes and large with small brushes.
- Breaking the rules.
- We will begin with a large mixed media cut and paste intuitive artwork.
- Take our favourite parts and change them into a small abstract painting using intuitive brushwork.
- Approaching a blank canvas with no sketch.
- Explore how trying new things can take you in another direction. Do you normally work small? Try working large. Push yourself to do things you wouldn’t normally do.
Who should do this course?
- Anyone who wants to explore non-representational painting.
- Anyone who wants to strengthen and develop their own voice as a painter.
- Anyone interested in taking risks with their painting.
- Anyone who wants to have more confidence in their own way of painting.
- Prospective students need no prior experience.
- A basic supply list will be provided on booking.