Learn how to make use of Leonie’s simple palette to create amazing variety. Develop value sensitivity, skills, and perfecting technical skills in order to create portraits that are deeply in tune with the human spirit. Leonie works individually with each participant to guide this process. You will walk away feeling confident with your new found knowledge.
Designed to introduce students to oil and acrylic painting methods, this comprehensive workshop will provide a framework in structural drawing, compositional strategies, color theory, and paint application. Through demonstrations, Leonie will illustrate her very easy and unique technique. You can expect to create at least one finished painting. This workshop is open to novices in oil or acrylic paint.
For the sake of time, we will only be working with acrylics.
- Zelcryl White
- Zelcryl Yellow Ochre
- Zelcryl Burnt Sienna
- Zelcryl Paynes Grey
- Palette Knifes
- Mixing A3 Paper Palette
- Hog Hair Flat and Round Brushes no: 2+4+6
- Nylon Angle Brushes no: small + medium + large
- Soft Cloth
- Pencil / charcoal
- Putty Rubber
- 1 A4 size large head photograph in 1 x colour and 1 x black and white
- Make sure that the photograph has good light and dark contracts (see video below for example)
All materials are available at a 5% discount from Creative Arts Shop:
- 5% discount for LifeART students
- 44 Oxford Street, Durbanville
- Phone:021 975 5373
Total cost will include:
- Lunch [powr-price-table id=00562004_1505910885]