What can I expect?
There are so many different brushes and brush shapes available, that it can become quite confusing. Before we start painting, we will learn which tools to use and how to use them.
- What can you expect to Learn?
- The Tools of your Trade: Brushes, Palette knives and more…
- The Tools of your Trade: Hogs Hair Brushes
- The Tools of your Trade: Synthetic Brushes
- The Tools of your Trade: Synthetic Golden Taklon Angular Brushes
- The Tools of your Trade: Palette knife set
- The Tools of your Trade: Acrylic Paint
- The Tools of your Trade: Acrylic Retarder or Slow Drying Medium
- The Tools of your Trade: Glycerine
- The Tools of your Trade: Tear Off Palette
- Painting Accessories – Lets learn more about how to use these tools
- How to use Painting Knives
- How to use Dippers
- How to use a Mahl Stick
- How to use a Round Brushes
- How to use a Flat Brushes
- Brush Sizes
- How to use a Filbert Brushes
- How to use a Fan Blender Brush
- How to use a Decorator’s Brushes
- Brush Care
- Other Painting Supports
Starting your Painting!
Putting down your first layer using Paynes Grey
Mixing and washing your Midtones and Highlights
Dark's and Lights
Hot and Cold Colours
Creating Depth and Shape using Tonal Values
Painting by Numbers!
PRO TIP! How to push your colours beyond the norm
- Abstracting your colors and getting that Modern look! Part 1
- Abstracting your colors and getting that Modern look! Part 2
- Color Mixing Tips
- Color makes a design come alive!
- How to Mix Bright and Dull Colours. (Yes, you need both!)
- How to mix Greys and Brown and Tone Down Colours
- Good Colour Combinations!
- Your Colour Chart!
- Colours that Sing!