Calitzdorp: Learn to paint like van Gogh and the Impressionist, from 11-12 August 2015 for R2000.00 p/p
Have you ever felt the desire to express yourself but have been held back by lack of time, knowledge and advice? Join us for a 2 day ART excursion overlooking the Swartberg in the beautiful Calitzdorp Port and Wine region.
Combine the dream of being creative with a wonderful stay and workshop at the rustic and green ‘StrooiKooi’ Guest House in Calitzdorp. StrooiKooi offers homely accommodation and the true South African experience.
Artist and teacher Leonie Brown, will give assistance and share her knowledge with you, this may be what you are looking for!
Suitable for beginners and experienced artists.
- Explore the artist within you with acrylics.
- Meet like-minded people and make new friends.
- Benefit from personal coaching and tuition of professional artist Leonie.e.Brown
- Enjoy the unique location in Calitzdorp and it’s beautiful creative ART valley drive, Wine and exclusive Port.
- Come home refreshed, relaxed and inspired.
- Amaze yourself and your friends with your own unique painting(s)
- Book yourself in for ONE or BOTH courses…
- All you have to bring is a paintbrush holder, an apron and a big smile!
Price: R2000.000 per person
Learn to paint like van Gogh and the Impressionists.
Two day workshop on different painting techniques, how to loosen up your style, tonal values, the importance of light and dark. Learn how to paint amazing paintings using Impasto and Palette knife
Two day workshop on how to PAINT A PORTRAIT using Leonie’s unique and easy method. Each student need to bring an A4 size color AND black and white Photostat of a head: We will work only from photographs. (Preferably these should be large enough so that the depicted heads are at least 15cm from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin. Photographs should preferably be taken in natural light, exhibiting a full range of darks and lights
○ Tea and Coffee
Mike Muuren: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 27 0832854751
R950 – payment secures your place on the course
Can I want to bring my own materials?
- Acrylic Paint Only
- Each student need to bring their own canvass approximately 1 x A3 size (per Workshop)
- Dish Cloth
- Empty Yogurt tin (x 2)
- Students are encouraged to bring their own paints and brushes
- Please take this list to your nearest ART STORE or PNA:
Who is Leonie.e.Brown?
Leonie is well known in Cape Town as one of the best teachers on the technical aspects of painting. She believes in focusing on good composition and actual painting techniques like Impasto, Alla Prima, wet on wet, pallet knife etc.