LifeArt School and Studio was started by Leonie.e.Brown in 2004, after having spend 20 years working in the advertising industry. Since its inception, the Leonie has helped to develop various young artists into full-time ‘selling’ artists.
Leonie has a BA(FA Hons) degree, a diploma in teaching and many years experience writing and teaching adults. Her aim is to give the students the best technical background possible.
LifeArt School and Studio is a wholly independent art school based in central Durbanville, Cape Town, offering a wide range of art and pottery courses to a very diverse group of participants.
Aim and Principles
Benefiting the individual through art and art education.
- To contribute to the creation of great works of art
- To provide the highest standard of education to students wishing to become professional artists
- To give creative opportunities to the wider community.
- The development of creative skills, both traditional and contemporary.
- Freedom of expression.
- No specific style is imposed on the students, once he/she knows all the basics– the style is then free to follow the artist’s intention.
- Each student should be trained to develop a robust creative process which allows them to be true to their creative vision.
- Understanding the art market and the world of the professional artist.
- Yearly exhibition opportunities.
- Facebook marketing opportunities.
- Online Student Gallery.
Leonie.e.Brown, is a professional artist that loves to share her knowledge with her students. Being an artist also helps her to understand their frustrations and problems. She also has an Honours degree in Fine Art as well as a Teaching Diploma. She worked for 20 years in the advertising and marketing industry, before deciding to pursue her career as an artist on a full-time basis.
Marzanne Steyn, started off studying agriculture. Whilst working she fell in love with the sensuality of creating and working with clay.
It is her greatest delight to see how each student produces something that is uniquely their own, freely expressing what they naturally know
The mission of LifeArt Studio and School is to inspire and engage adults of all ages, abilities, and economic means in the arts. LifeArt strive to contribute to the creation of great works of art. To provide the highest standard of education to students wishing to become professional artists.
Based in central Durbanville, Cape Town, it offers a wide range of art courses to a very diverse group of participants.
The School also helps the local community by sponsoring two free students per class when possible.
“Everything you can imagine is real”