LifeArt Studio and school strive to contribute to the creation of great works of art. To provide the highest standard of education to students wishing to become professional artists. To give creative opportunities to the wider community.
LifeArt School was started by Leonie.e.Brown in 2004, after having spend 20 years working in the advertising industry. Since its inception, the Leonie has helped to develop various young artists into full-time ‘selling’ artists.
Leonie has a BA(FA Hons) degree, a diploma in teaching and many years experience writing and teaching adults. Her aim is to give the students the best technical background possible.
LifeArt School and studio is a wholly independent art school based in central Durbanville, Cape Town, offering a wide range of art courses to a very diverse group of participants. Alongside the long-term courses (1-year in Learn to Paint) it offers life drawing and painting evening classes, weekend and 2 day Art Workshops
Aims & Principles
Benefiting the individual through art and art education.
- To contribute to the creation of great works of art
- To provide the highest standard of education to students wishing to become professional artists
- To give creative opportunities to the wider community
- The development of creative skills, both traditional and contemporary
- Freedom of expression.
- No specific style is imposed on the students, once he/she knows all the basics– the style is then free to follow the artist’s intention
- Each student should be trained to develop a robust creative process which allows them to be true to their creative vision.
- Understanding the art market and the world of the professional artist
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Art Class Enquiry’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]