“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
Art therapy help you tap into your inner thoughts, feelings and experiences. Combined with talk therapy, it can help people deal with strong emotions like fear and failure, increase self-awareness and self-worth and decrease stress and anxiety.
Overall human health encompasses many aspects, and positive health outcomes involve integrated mental, physical, social/emotional and environmental approaches. Art therapy is one approach that has proven to benefit both mental and physical health.
The benefits of art therapy
- Helped reduce pain, decrease symptoms of stress and improve quality of life.
- Improved ability to deal with emotional and physical pain.
- Reduced stress and anxiety.
- Stimulated mental function.
- Indicated a reduction in depression.
Creating art relieves stress, encourages creative thinking, increases brain plasticity, and imparts other mental health benefits. And anyone can do art.